Why booking your wedding photographer should be at the top of your list
If you are getting married, you have set a date and you know the wedding photographer that you want… then book them and do it quickly! If I was to write a check list for my own wedding then booking a photographer would be number one, right at the top of the list!
After the day is over, the one thing you will have to look back on will be your photographs. A great set of photographs will not only document the day as it unfolds, but will also document all the moments you might have missed and of course, all the little details that you might forget in time.
Do not scrimp on your photography budget, in the industry we hear so many stories of couples who are unhappy with or have unusable photos because they went for the cheapest photographer. Do your research.
Booking the right photographer is crucial. Here is a short list of some things to consider when booking your wedding photographer:
- Style. This is really important. If the photographer’s work doesn’t jump out at you, then they are probably not the photographer for you. Choose a photographer that has pictures in their portfolio of the way you would like to remember your own wedding.
- Book early. There is no such thing as too early.
- Check their portfolio and try to get a real sense of their work.
- Try to meet your photographer before the day. It really helps both parties to be able to put a face to a name and to talk about any concerns or get answers to any outstanding questions. Make sure you chat about timings too. Having met your photographer in person, will make you more relaxed about the day.
- Check what is included in your package and make sure you are fully informed about all costs upfront
There is no pressure to book with me. If you like my work, we can meet for an informal coffee and a chat about your plans and I can talk to you about my style and approach to the day.
My pricing is very simple. I offer two packages:
- Half-day package – up to 6 hours coverage (£700)
- Full-day package – up to 10 hours (£1000) taking you right through from getting ready in the morning up to your first dance and beyond.
Coverage can begin whenever you wish. Both packages include the following :
- A consultation to talk about your day in more detail, the timings, the special people involved and more importantly, to get to know each other. I am happy to bring my camera to this meeting and snap a few shots of the two of you together so that you can get used to being in front of the camera.
- Me – capturing your wedding naturally, as it unfolds. With my own creative style.
- Your images – individually edited at full-resolution, so you can print or use your photos however you wish.
- A password-protected online gallery, for your guests to view your photographs from the day, and order prints directly should they wish to do so.
- Travel is included within an hour’s drive of Coventry.
If you would like any more info please drop me a message using the contact page.